HSCF works to preserve the future of hunting & conservation through youth mentoring programs and education.
Every year young people who meet the HSCF youth program criteria are nominated to participate in our program by adult representatives. These adults also serve as chaperones for the duration of the outing. One of our most successful annual youth outdoor programs introduces several Houston area boys and girls, from local schools and groups, to sport hunting, fishing and wilderness conservation.
The groups are small by design, consisting of four to six young people and their adult guides. Limited numbers allow for more thorough hunter or outdoor education and in-depth instruction. Young hunters learn about various conservation efforts by hunting on sponsor ranches that must harvest an abundance of animals in order to maintain their specific wildlife management program. Many different youth hunting, fishing and outdoor experiences are sponsored by HSCF.
For hunting events, hunter safety is priority one and each participant is monitored by a responsible adult guide, who is always in complete control of their assigned firearm. In addition, the hunters are taken to a firing range to practice with an identical or similar rifle prior to entering the field. The goal is for every hunt to prove successful, with all youth hunters harvesting an animal and coming away from the program with a lifelong respect for wildlife conservation.
Qualification Criteria For HSCF’s Youth Hunting Program:
- Must be 12-18 years of age.
- Must hold a current hunting license.
- Must be currently enrolled and actively participating in school.
- Must have passing grades as documented by school sponsor.
- Must have a good discipline record.
- Must come from a non-hunting background with no prior hunting experience or a first-time hunter.
- Must have submitted a signed HSCF Release of Liability prior to hunting.
- Must have completed Hunter Education Course & Safety Training prior to hunt.
- Must attend a HSCF pre-hunt and firearms safety orientation.
- Must present themselves with a neat appearance.
- Must not bring any personal firearms or ammunition (pocket knives acceptable if shown to sponsor on arrival for hunt).
When you travel, anything can happen. When it does, Global Rescue gets you home safely.
Did you know? 10% of your Global Rescue membership purchase is donated to Houston Safari Club Foundation conservation initiatives. Enroll Today!
ATTENTION: Parents, Guardians and Youth
Any contacts made through this website should be made with direct parental supervision. Visit the OAG Cyber Safety website for cyber security information.