Youth Hunting & Fishing Programs
HSCF provides programs which introduce a new generation of young people to the outdoors. These programs provide interactive experiences in the field and on the water. We annually host almost 100 students for hunting and fishing experiences each year. We are firm believers and supports of the R3 initiative (Recruiting, Retaining and Reactivating hunting and shooting sports participants).
The groups are small by design, consisting of four to six young people and their adult guides. Limited numbers allow for more thorough hunter or outdoor education and in-depth instruction. Young hunters learn about various conservation efforts by hunting on sponsor ranches that must harvest an abundance of animals in order to maintain their specific wildlife management program. Many different youth hunting, fishing and outdoor experiences are sponsored by HSCF.
For hunting events, hunter safety is priority one and each participant is monitored by a responsible adult guide, who is always in complete control of their assigned firearm. In addition, the hunters are taken to a firing range to practice with an identical or similar rifle prior to entering the field. The goal is for every hunt to prove successful, with all youth hunters harvesting an animal and coming away from the program with a lifelong respect for wildlife conservation.
Qualification Criteria For HSCF’s Youth Hunting Program:
- Must be 12-18 years of age.
- Must hold a current hunting license.
- Must be currently enrolled and actively participating in school.
- Must have passing grades as documented by school sponsor.
- Must have a good discipline record.
- Must come from a non-hunting background with no prior hunting experience or a first-time hunter.
- Must have submitted a signed HSCF Release of Liability prior to hunting.
- Must have completed Hunter Education Course & Safety Training prior to hunt.
- Must attend a HSCF pre-hunt and firearms safety orientation.
- Must present themselves with a neat appearance.
- Must not bring any personal firearms or ammunition (pocket knives acceptable if shown to sponsor on arrival for hunt).
Did you know 10% of your Global Rescue membership purchase is donated to Houston Safari Club Foundation conservation initiatives and youth programs?
When you travel, anything can happen. When it does, Global Rescue gets you home safely.
ATTENTION: Parents, Guardians and Youth
Any contacts made through this website should be made with direct parental supervision. Visit the OAG Cyber Safety website for cyber security information.