Houston Safari Club Foundation’s Commitment
To Education & Conservation
Houston Safari Club Foundation (HSCF)* proudly presents the Dan L. Duncan Scholarship Program.
HSCF annually awards scholarships to students enrolled in an accredited Texas university and currently involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. Since the program’s inception in 1999, 625 scholarships have been awarded, totaling $2.8 million dollars. HSCF proudly recognizes and encourages students, who have exhibited academic excellence and exemplary character, through our prestigious scholarship program.
HSCF understands the future of conservation depends on the education of bright and gifted scholars who will work to protect hunter’s rights and wildlife conservation for decades to come. Many HSCF scholarship recipients have become thought leaders and game-changers in the conservation world.
Dan L. Duncan/HSCF Scholarship Fund Sponsors
With the generous support of the Dan L Duncan Foundation, Houston Safari Club Foundation is committed to furthering the education of students pursuing a career in conservation. Your support of this important eﬀort helps protect the future of hunting.
How To Apply For A Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded annually for those students currently enrolled in an accredited Texas university and involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management.
- Course work hours qualifying as a junior at the time of application
- Must have a positive hunting advocacy viewpoint on wildlife management and land management
- Must be an active hunter
- Must have a 3.0 grade point average or better
- Must demonstrate good leadership abilities
Application Packet Components
- Introductory cover letter
- Description of coursework yet to be completed
- Most recent official transcript
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic advisors
- Current photograph
- Graduate students must include a Thesis project information summary of no more than one (1) page
Packets must be received by the HSCF office no later than June 1.
Applications received after June 1 will be applied to the following year.
Please Send Submissions To:
Houston Safari Club Foundation
Attn: Dan L. Duncan Scholarship Committee
14811 St. Mary’s Lane ▪ Suite 265 ▪ Houston, TX 77079
*The Houston Safari Club Foundation (HSCF) is a non-proﬁt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code. Donations to HSCF may be deductible, to the extent permitted by law. Please check with your tax advisor. EIN 74-2177975