Houston Safari Club Foundation (HSCF) proudly presents the Dan L. Duncan Scholarship Program
HSCF annually awards scholarships to students enrolled in an accredited Texas university and currently involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. Since the program’s inception in 1999, 646 scholarships have been awarded, totaling $2.92 million dollars. HSCF proudly recognizes and encourages students, who have exhibited academic excellence and exemplary character, through our prestigious scholarship program.
HSCF understands the future of conservation depends on the education of bright and gifted scholars who will work to protect hunter’s rights and wildlife conservation for decades to come. Many HSCF scholarship recipients have become thought leaders and game-changers in the conservation world.
How To Apply For A Scholarship
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an accredited Texas university and involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management.
- Course work hours must qualify applicants as a junior at the time of application.
- Applicant must demonstrate a positive advocacy viewpoint of hunting as a conservation tool in regard to wildlife management and land management.
- Applicant must be an active hunter.
- Applicant must have a 3.0 grade point average or better.
- Applicant must demonstrate good leadership abilities.
Required Application Submission Materials
- Introductory cover letter.
- Description of coursework yet to be completed.
- Most recent official transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic advisors and/or employers if you are currently working in or volunteering for an entity whose focus is in Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. At least one letter needs to be provided by an academic advisor.
- Current photograph.
- Graduate students must include a Thesis project information summary of no more than one (1) page.
- All application materials must be received no later than April 1, 2022.
Paper applications should be sent to:
Houston Safari Club Foundation
c/o San Antonio Area Foundation
303 Pearl Parkway, Suite 114
San Antonio, TX 78215
For questions about the application or for technical support please email us at [email protected] or call us at 210.242.4777.
Dan L. Duncan/HSCF Scholarship Fund Sponsor Opportunities
With the generous support of the Dan L Duncan Foundation, Houston Safari Club Foundation is committed to furthering the education of students pursuing a career in conservation. Your support of this important eﬀort helps protect the future of hunting.