Houston Safari Club Foundation
The Dan L Duncan Scholarship Program
Houston Safari Club Foundation (HSCF) annually awards scholarships to students enrolled in an accredited Texas university and currently involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. Since the program’s inception in 1999, 646 scholarships have been awarded, totaling $2.92 million dollars. HSCF proudly recognizes and encourages students, who have exhibited academic excellence and exemplary character, through our prestigious scholarship program.
HSCF understands the future of conservation depends on the education of bright and gifted scholars who will work to protect hunter’s rights and wildlife conservation for decades to come. Many HSCF scholarship recipients have become thought leaders and game-changers in the conservation world.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
Applications and Supporting Materials Must Be Submitted Online Here
The 2023 application period opens January 1st and closes April 15th. Scholarship awards will be mailed in late July of each year.
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited Texas university and involved in the study of Wildlife Management and/or Range Management.
- Course work hours must qualify applicants as a junior at the time of application.
- Must demonstrate a positive advocacy viewpoint of hunting as a conservation tool in regard to wildlife management and land management.
- Must be an active hunter.
- Must have a 3.0 grade point average or better.
- Must demonstrate good leadership abilities.
Required Submission Materials
- Introductory cover letter.
- Description of coursework yet to be completed.
- Most recent official transcript.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic advisors and/or employers if you are currently working in or volunteering for an entity whose focus is in Wildlife Management and/or Range Management. At least one letter needs to be provided by an academic advisor.
- Current photograph.
- Graduate students must include a Thesis project information summary of no more than one (1) page.
All applications are to be submitted via the online portal. If an online submission is not possible, paper applications will be accepted on a pre-approved basis only. For prior approval, please contact the HSCF office at 713.623.8844.
For questions about the application or for technical support please email us at [email protected] or call us at 210.242.4777.
Dan L Duncan/HSCF Scholarship Fund Sponsor Opportunities
With the generous support of the Dan L Duncan Foundation, Houston Safari Club Foundation is committed to furthering the education of students pursuing a career in conservation. Your support of this important eﬀort helps protect the future of hunting.
Scholarship Sponsor Opportunities