AN EVENT FOR ALL AGES!
Thursday, October 5, 2023
Greater Houston Sports Club
6700 McHard Rd, Houston, TX 77053
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
Food. Fun. Games. Raffles. Awards.
Join us for a great fundraising event to support HSCF’s outreach programs. The tournament uses a four-person team format. Teams may be comprised of male, female, youth, adult, professionals or beginners. Individual shooters will be squadded with other shooters to complete a four-person team. This event is open to the public-you do not have to be a member of HSCF to participate.
NEW THIS YEAR – EVERYTHING INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION!
All registered shooters will receive 72 targets, ammunition, 8 mulligans, flurry game (one per team) golf cart (one per team), raffle ticket (one per person), swag bag, meal and beverages. Additional golf carts may be added at $125 each and must be reserved in advance.
Be A Tournament Sponsor! Support The Future of Hunting!
Sponsorships include your team registration and more! This a fantastic way to get exposure for your company and support Houston Safari Club Foundation! By becoming a sponsor, you are supporting HSCF’s mission of preserving the sport of hunting through education and conservation. For more information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact the HSCF office at 713.623.8844
(New This Year – Afternoon Start Time!)
2:00 PM: Registration
3:00 PM: Safety Briefing
3:15 PM: Tournament Begins
5:30 PM: Dinner
6:15 PM: Awards
7:00 PM: Event Ends
Official Tournament Rules
- Awards in each of three (3) Lewis Classes, as well as individual awards, will be presented to first and second place teams (based on raw scores only) for men’s, ladies, veterans, HSCF member and youth (17 & younger) high overall (HOA). An award for HOA team flurry will also be presented. The overall tournament champion will be decided among top scores by an Annie Oakley shoot off and the winner will be presented a Championship Belt.
- All entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All entry fees for Teams and/or Sponsorships are due immediately
- Consumption of alcohol is not allowed before or during shooting
activities. Wristbands will be supplied to all shooters. If your
wristband is removed, you are no longer eligible to participate in
any aspect of the tournament.
- Safety glasses are required in all shooting areas (not provided-tentative).
- Hearing protection is required in all shooting areas (provided).
- Gun actions must be kept open and unloaded except within
- The Lewis Class system will be used for team scoring which allows
for the use of purchased mulligans.
- In the event of a tie, awards will be determined by a scorecard
- Individual HOA awards will be determined by raw score only.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to win any firearms. All firearm
transfers will be governed by applicable local, state and federal laws
in effect at the time of the tournament.
- HSCF reserves the right to alter or cancel any part of this program,
refuse entry or enforce withdrawal of any shooter or team, if
Weather Cancellation Policy (if Tournament is in progress)
All score cards will be collected and analyzed to identify the squad that shot the least number of stations. All participants will be scored based on the same number of stations as the squad that completed the fewest amount of stations. For squads completing more stations than the team(s) completing the fewest stations, scores will be determined from the squads’ first station up to the station count that matches the same number of stations completed by the squad(s) completing the fewest number of stations (when the weather discontinuation is determined). All scores collected above that minimum number of stations will not be included in the squad score. Mulligans will be eliminated from scores.
2022 HSCF Sporting Clays Tournament Results!