JOIN OUR YOUNG PROFESSIONALS GROUP!
To bring together young adults, with a common interest in hunting and Houston Safari Club Foundation (HSCF), for the purposes of advocacy, volunteering, networking, camaraderie and to raise awareness, interest, and funding for HSFC’s mission.
- To attract, develop and retain emerging professionals through engagement in the group and HSCF.
- Offer an outlet for professional development, networking and volunteer opportunities in a social setting.
- Provide a channel by which professionals may enhance their personal and professional development through community engagement, mentoring, networking, communication and advocacy.
Participants will come from diverse backgrounds and have a wide variety of hunting, fishing, outdoor and other interests. Participants should have these things in common: a passion for the outdoors, a love of hunting, a commitment to the responsible management of our national resources, the education of future generations and the protection of our rights and legacy as hunter-conservationists. Participants, ages 21-39, will submerse themselves in the culture that HSCF has been built upon. Contact HSCF to learn more at 713.623.8844 or email@example.com.
- Chairperson: Chase Schaefer
- Vice Chairperson: Tucker Chapman
- Secretary: Jaime Latshaw
- Treasurer: Andrew Latshaw
- Social Chairperson: Shane Mukherjee
Come to Galveston in March to rip some lip for Stag & Dove’s 2021 Grand Slam Fishing Tournament and win some prizes! This is a free-for-all tournament that will allow fishing from boats, kayaks, canoes, surf, wade, jetties, and the piers. Targeting the heaviest legal-sized Redfish, Trout, and Flounder. No overages allowed.
REGISTRATION LINK COMING SOON!
$80 for members, $125 for non-members (Tackle, bait, and other equipment is not included)
Registration deadline is Sunday, March 14
Please use these coordinates to help you find us to turn in your fish and eat. Look for the Houston Safari Club Banners!
Contestants must fish from Galveston but may choose the vessel they wish to fish from:
Artificial lures, live or dead bait are accepted
We will be judging overall weight for a 1st place prize in three different categories:
- Redfish 1st Place: $150 Gift Card + Trophy
- Trout 1st Place: $150 Gift Card + Trophy
- Flounder: $150 Gift Card + Trophy
All contestants must adhere to Texas State laws & regulations:
- Redfish legal size: 20-28”-No overages allowed
- Trout legal size: 15-25”-No overages allowed
- Flounder legal size: 15” minimum
TURN IN INFO:
Turn In/Lunch/Prizes Location: Galveston Island State Park- Site 42
ID + fishing license must be presented at turn in.
We will clean your fish if requested. Cash tips are appreciated
Contestants may turn in their fish beginning at 2 PM.
Turn in deadline is 3:30 PM.
Contestants may then eat their meal.
Prizes and trophies will begin at 4:30 PM
The Houston Safari Club along with the Stag & Dove Society assume no responsibility for personal injury during this event. Fish at your own risk.