Get Published! We Want Your Stories!
Houston Safari Club Foundation welcomes contributing articles, photos and research. Would you like to be published in one of HSCF’s media offerings? Below are the guidelines for submission. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (PDF’s will not be accepted).
- Content may be submitted by mail, email or USB Flash Drives.
- Please include the following within your submission: author name and contact information (phone number, email and mailing address), title of the article, the article and photos.
- Submissions for Hunter’s Horn should be no less than 1,000 words and no more than 3,000 words.
- Digital images need to be high-resolution (at least 300 dots per inch), RAW images preferred, in TIFF, EPS, or JPG formats. It is preferred images be submitted through a cloud storage or file sharing provider (ex. Dropbox, WeTransfer) or on a USB Flash Drive.
- It is not preferred but In the instance that archived photos are required, we request these images be scanned and provided as previously noted. HSCF cannot use any slides or negatives.
- Please provide information about submitted photographs on a caption sheet with numbers that correspond to each photo. Caption sheets should include name(s) of photographer, all subjects and a brief description of what is happening in each photo, and location in which each photo was taken. Any additional information for each photo would be appreciated.
- If you would like your submitted materials returned, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Accepted submissions may not be published in the order in which they are accepted. Submissions may be kept on file for later use in an appropriate publication edition.
- Acknowledgement of submissions will be provided only if there are questions or problems with the article.
- HSCF reserves the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity, organization and punctuation and to abridge length.
- HSCF reserves the right not to publish submissions.
- Content may not be re-purposed without the express written consent of the author and publisher.
- HSCF is not responsible for lost or unsolicited submissions.
- The views expressed in HSCF publications are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to HSCF, its members, employees or affiliates.
Hunter’s Horn Submission Deadlines:
-Fall Issue: August 3rd
-Convention/Winter Issue: November 1st
-Spring Issue: February 8th
-Summer Issue: May 10th
Please Send Submissions To:
Houston Safari Club Foundation
9432 Katy Freeway, Suite 350
Houston, TX 77055
Or send by email to email@example.com