Get Published! We Want Your Stories!
Houston Safari Club Foundation welcomes contributing articles, photos, and research. Would you like to be published in one of HSCF’s media offerings? Below are the guidelines for submission. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Articles should be submitted in Microsoft Word format (PDF’s will not be accepted).
- Content may only be submitted by email. We recommend using wetransfer.com to send high-resolution photos.
- Please include the following within your submission:
– Author name and contact information (phone number, email, and mailing address)
– Title of the article
– High-resolution photos
– Short captions for each photo
- Word Count: Submissions for Hunter’s Horn should be no less than 1,750 words and no more than 3,500 words.
- Images: Photos need to be high-resolution (at least 300 DPI), in TIFF, or JPG formats. It is preferred images be submitted through a cloud storage or file sharing provider (ex. Dropbox, WeTransfer).
- Captions: Please provide information about submitted photographs on a caption sheet with numbers that correspond to each photo. Caption sheets should include name(s) of photographer, all subjects and a brief description of what is happening in each photo, and the location in which each photo was taken. Any additional information for each photo would be appreciated.
- Accepted submissions may not be published in the order in which they are accepted. Submissions may be kept on file for later use in an appropriate publication edition.
- Acknowledgment of submissions will be provided only if there are questions or problems with the article.
- HSCF reserves the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity, organization, and punctuation and to abridge length.
- HSCF reserves the right not to publish submissions.
- Content may not be re-purposed without the express written consent of the author and publisher.
- HSCF is not responsible for lost or unsolicited submissions.
- The views expressed in HSCF publications are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to HSCF, its members, employees, or affiliates.
Hunter’s Horn Submission Deadlines:
- Spring Issue 2022 – February 10th
- Summer Issue 2022 – May 10th
- Fall Issue 2022 – August 3rd
- Convention/Winter Issue 2023 – October 20th
Please Send Submissions To:
Carla Nielsen at [email protected]