- Accepted submissions may not be published in the order in which they are accepted. Submissions may be kept on file for later use in an appropriate publication edition.
- Acknowledgement of submissions will be provided only if there are questions or problems with the article.
- Submissions are expected to be original and previously unpublished.
- Houston Safari Club Foundation reserves right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity, organization and punctuation and to abridge length.
- Houston Safari Club Foundation reserves the right not to publish submissions.
- Content may not be re-purposed without the express written consent of the author and publisher.
Content & Photographs
- It is preferred for content to be submitted in Microsoft Word format (PDF’s will not be accepted).
- Disks or USB Flash Drives will be accepted.
- The submission must include: Article Title and Author Contact Information: name, phone number, email, mailing address.
- Submissions for Hunter’s Horn should be no less than 2,500 words and no more than 3,000 words.
- Digital images are preferred. Should be high-resolution (at least 300 dpi). Should be submitted on a CD or a USB Flash Drive.
- RAW images are preferred. Houston Safari Club can accept high-resolution TIFF, EPS, or JPG formats.
- 35 mm prints may be used but are not preferred. These images must be received undamaged and should be packaged to prevent damage. Please, no staples, tape, paper clips or other instruments.
- Houston Safari Club Foundation cannot use color slides, negatives, or black and white negatives.
- Please provide information about submitted photographs.
- Provide a caption sheet with numbers that correspond to each photo.
- On this sheet, for each photo, provide the name(s) of the photographer, all subjects in the photo and what is happening in the photo.
- If you would like Houston Safari Club Foundation to return your submitted materials, please provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Hunter’s Horn: August 1st, November 1, February 7, May 9
All submissions should be sent via email to email@example.com or by mail to:
Houston Safari Club Foundation
9432 Katy Freeway, Suite 350
Houston, TX 77055
Houston Safari Club Foundation welcomes contributing articles, photos and research. Houston Safari Club Foundation reserves the right to edit submissions for spelling, grammar, clarity, organization and punctuation and to abridge length. Houston Safari Club Foundation reserves the right not to publish submissions. Content may not be re-purposed without the express written consent of the author and publisher. Please submit materials with a self-addressed, stamped envelope if you wish materials to be returned. Houston Safari Club Foundation is not responsible for lost or unsolicited submissions. Digital submissions are preferred. The views expressed in this publication are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of, and should not be attributed to Houston Safari Club Foundation, its members, employees or affiliates.